Dime Tour: Inside Loyola’s Alumni House

The Brian F. Linnane, S. J., Alumni House provides 'home away from home' for grads

By Brigid Darragh  |  Photos by Brigid Darragh & Nick Alexopulos

Loyola opened the doors to its new alumni house on Jan. 13, 2014, establishing a welcoming place on the Evergreen campus for the University’s 56,000 living alumni.

The Rev. Brian F. Linnane, S.J., Alumni House from Cold Spring Lane

The house is a renovated 1927 three-story brick colonial that sits on an acre of land on Cold Spring Lane adjacent to Loyola’s Armiger House.

Furnished, living room-style lounges on the first floor are open to alumni who stop in during the week, and staff are available to help those alumni connect with Loyola and access Loyola services.


The space will also be used for alumni functions beginning in spring 2014.

The offices of alumni relations, advancement events, and donor relations are located on the upper floors.

Loyola trustee John Cochran, ’73, and his wife, Patricia, earmarked a portion of their recent $5 million gift to fund the purchase and renovation of the alumni house. The Cochrans named the facility the Rev. Brian F. Linnane, S.J., Alumni House in honor of Loyola’s president, and Fr. Linnane was among those surprised when the announcement was made during the December 2013 kickoff event for Loyola’s $100 million Bright Minds, Bold Hearts comprehensive campaign.

Bookmark and Share

No Comments

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a comment