Dime Tour: Inside Loyola’s Alumni House
The Brian F. Linnane, S. J., Alumni House provides 'home away from home' for grads
April 14, 2014
Loyola opened the doors to its new alumni house on Jan. 13, 2014, establishing a welcoming place on the Evergreen campus for the University’s 56,000 living alumni.
The house is a renovated 1927 three-story brick colonial that sits on an acre of land on Cold Spring Lane adjacent to Loyola’s Armiger House.
Furnished, living room-style lounges on the first floor are open to alumni who stop in during the week, and staff are available to help those alumni connect with Loyola and access Loyola services.
Loyola trustee John Cochran, ’73, and his wife, Patricia, earmarked a portion of their recent $5 million gift to fund the purchase and renovation of the alumni house. The Cochrans named the facility the Rev. Brian F. Linnane, S.J., Alumni House in honor of Loyola’s president, and Fr. Linnane was among those surprised when the announcement was made during the December 2013 kickoff event for Loyola’s $100 million Bright Minds, Bold Hearts comprehensive campaign.